Disclaimer: We independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
More and more every day, people are becoming more conscious of what goes into their bodies. Water is no different. People want to know that the water they are consuming is safe, healthy, lead-free, and will do more good to their bodies than harm.
Unfortunately, many do not understand that a water filter pitcher is a simple and inexpensive way to stay healthy while saving you some money. For many, the goal is to contribute to the environment, as in most cases, a single water filter pitcher can replace up to three hundred plastic bottles. The question still lingers, however, which water filter pitcher should I get.
What to look for in a Water filter pitcher?
When looking to buy a water filter pitcher, ensure that your pitcher:
- Is the right size for your needs
- That the filters are readily available when you need to purchase
- That the pitcher is made with good quality material and is durable and long-lasting.
- Ensure that the cost of the pitcher matches your overall budget.
- You should also ensure that it meets the required food grade standard that you are comfortable with.
How we picked and reviewed?
Water filter pitchers come in so many different sharp and sizes. This is why we were cautious when selecting these pitchers to present to you.
We used customer reviews from verified shoppers, the manufacturers’ descriptions, and general product information to come up with the best pitchers to feature. We also ensure that the pitches met the requirements of durability, capacity and that they were at an affordable price based on the features and capabilities.
We hope you enjoyed the review.
Quick list of the Best Water Filter Pitchers in 2022
- Best Overall: Brita Extra Large 18 Cup Filtered Water Dispenser with 1 Standard FilterOverALL
- Best Runner-up: Brita Standard Everyday Water Filter Pitcher, White, Large 10 Cup, 1 Count
- Best pitcher made from lead-free material: Waterdrop Lucid 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher, Long-Lasting
- Best water pitcher with a meter tester: ZeroWater ZP-006-4, 6 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
- Best budgeted Pitcher. PUR Water Filter Pitcher Filtration System
- Best Overall Water filter dispenser: Brita Stream UltraMax Water Filter Dispenser
- Best pitcher for hydrogenated water: Alkanatur Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The Complete list of the Best Water Filter Pitchers in 2022
There is a product from Brita. A household name in water filter dispensers and loved for so many different reasons. This particular filter is BPA-Free and is referred to as the UltraMax Water Dispenser because it can hold up to 18 cups or 1.13 gallons of water.
This filter significantly reduces the taste and need for chlorine from your water. Heavy metals, including mercury, zinc, cadmium, and copper, are also considerably reduced by this filter. In addition, you will find that this product is well designed and long-lasting. You only need to change your filter every two months, or after every forty-gallon, you filter.
- Fits neatly on the counter or inside the refrigerator.
- Let’s track when the filter needs to be changed.
- Hard to cleans.
- May leak if the spigot is not appropriately fixed or shifts for some reason.
The everyday water filter pitcher by Brita is BPA Free and can hold up to 10 cups of water at a time. Manufacturers suggest that one filter can replace over 1800 plastic bottles for the year. Mercury, Copper, calcium, Zinc, and Chlorine are targeted and reduced by this pitcher.
There is also a filter change reminder on this pitcher, which means you will never forget to change your water pitcher filter. This pitcher works with both the standard water filters and the longer-lasting water filters. Which Means sourcing new filters for your pitcher will be no problem at all.
- Easy to use and to clean
- Maybe too small for larger households
- The top needs to be secured in place, or it will create a mess
This pitcher uses activated carbon as its purification matter. It is certified to reduce the taste and odor of chlorine in the water. The NSF also affirmed that the material used to make this pitcher is 100% lead-free.
Manufactures date that this pitcher uses a multistage technology to filter its water. As a result, fluoride, lead, arsenic, and other dangerous contaminants are significantly reduced, almost to the point of being nonexistent.
You can filter up to 200 gallons of water before your filter needs to be changed. Your pitcher can hold up to 10 cups of water at a time which is a perfect size For most household needs.
- The material used to make the pitcher is lead-free and food-grade material.
- This pitcher is both NSF 42 and NSF 372 certified.
- This pitcher does not provide total dissolved solids reduction.
- Filters are sometimes hard to replace.
- Brand ZeroWater
- Capacity 4 Liters
- Model Name ZP-006-4
- Material Plastic
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 5 x 5.75 x 10.25 inches
This pitcher is BPA-free and comes with a free water quality meter, so you will be able to carry out your testing. You will not have to wonder if your water is being appropriately filtered or not, instead of just using carbon to filter the water.
This pitcher comes with a five-stage filtration system. After careful testing, it was revealed that the zero water pitcher reduces as much as 99.6% of total dissolved solids.
The pitcher has also been certified by the NSF to remove lead and chromium from the water to bring it to its purest point.
- Reduces TDS which is the total dissolved solids.
- NSF certified.
- Some False products information
- Water is not filtered properly
Here is another brand that is well known and trusted in the water filtration world. This water filter pitcher is a great price and quality. The filters for this pitcher are long-lasting and easy to source when they need to be replaced.
The caps of the filters are designed to be secure filter fitted and can help trap small particles for cleaner and fresher tasting water. Manufacturers state that the filters can be changed every two months or after every 40 gallons of water filtered.
Filters are also straightforward to install with clear step-by-step instructions as to how to do so. This pitcher is available in a seven-ounce and an eleven-ounce size.
- Available in two different sizes
- Great design and comfortable feel
- Plastics cracked for some customers
- Spout failure often occurs
This is a BPA-free water filter pitcher that is also a dispenser. This beautifully designed filter picture can fit perfectly in your refrigerator or on your countertop.
The dispenser holds up to 25 cups of water which is excellent for larger families and events. Not only does this pitcher reduce the smell and taste of chlorine, But it also attacks other heavy metals. There is an electronic indicator on this pitcher to tell the user when the filter needs to be changed.
The filters can last approximately two months without needing to be changed. No assembly is required for this product.
- Unique and stylish design
- Easy to fill sliding lid
- Filters are unusual and may be hard to source.
- Leaking for some customers
There is the Alkalizing pitcher that was made in Spain. This water pitcher has been tested and tried by many universities and scholars. This water filter pitcher not only filters fluoride but as a specific patent technology that also filters heavy metals, excess of calcium chlorine, fluorides, chloramine, Trihalomethanes, nitrates, up to 99%.
The filter is created with 100% natural ingredients. And can fit perfectly inside a refrigerator. While the water pitcher filters out all the unwanted minerals and every metal from your water, it also leaves the minerals that the body needs. This water filter pitcher is also said to load your body with healthy electrolytes and provide water in its purest form.
- The pitcher was made with all-natural products
- Growing product with good result
- More expensive than other pitchers this size
- May is not convenient for larger families.
Care and maintenance
The care you would give to a water filter pitcher is unique and depends on the type of product you choose to buy. Some pitchers are made of glass and order materials when others are made from plastic and tend to be more fragile. You must ensure that you are not only put in your pitcher in a safe place that it will not fall easily but that you are also taking care when lifting and pouring from your water pitcher.
When selecting a pitcher, you must ensure that it is easy to clean and we are not a truck mold or unwanted smells. If this begins to a pin, change your filter as soon as possible and rinse your water pitcher with warm water.
Like any other product, there are ways to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you when using these products. For a water filter pitcher, you want to provide:
- You keep used filters out of the reach of children
- Enjoy the lid closed tightly before pouring from your pitcher.
- Do not add juice or flavoring to your water filter pitcher
- Ensure placing your pitcher on a sturdy foundation that it will not fall or slide from, especially when wet.
Owning a water filter pitcher is a great way not only to keep both your body clean and the environment. It is said that one single picture can please over 1800 plastic bottles in a year. As usual, you have visited our site to find the water filter pitcher that is the best for you and your family.
We hope you have found one that you will love, and you will be kind enough to share your review with us. Thank you again for stopping by.
We hope you find the water filter pitcher that you need by using the information presented above. Cheers, and see you soon.